In 2011, the Bwin sportsbook merged with Party Digital and five years later, Entain acquired it. Now owned by Entain, Bwin is licensed in more than 27 countries, making it one of the largest iGaming corporations in the world. Bwin owner- Entain has different portfolios such as the British sportsbook Ladbrokes, and Coral. Thanks to its long-term partnership with BetMGM, it is one of the most reliable sportsbooks. Read this review to find out more about the site's gaming lobby, live games, banking, and more.
What Makes Bwin Sportsbook Ontario Stand Out?
A couple of features have distinctively set online sports betting sites in Ontario apart from their operators. The following are the standout features of Bwin over its competitors:
The Best Quality Odds For Massive Wins
Quality odds are one of the top features that differentiate the Bwin sportsbook Ontario app and website from its counterparts. Bwin has got better margins than most of its competitors, which are far better than most sportsbooks. Higher odds increase the winning amount, which is a feature every sportsbook lover craves.
The Best Deposit and Cashout Methods
Players love it when they can access a wide range of deposit and cashout options. The current markets of this Bwin sportsbook Ontario app provide players with different deposit and cashout methods based on regional payment options. There are hassle-free deposit and payment options such as Interac- a unique payment option for Canadian players. Players outside Canada also have a wide range of other deposits and cashout options.
The Best Market Variety and Bet Types
Bwin sportsbook Ontario app is a leader when it comes to market varieties. Thanks to its availability in more than 30 countries. On average, most online betting operators provide players with 20 to 24 market options. The Bwin Ontario sportsbook and league coverage are extraordinary, providing players with different markets such as football, hockey, basketball, cricket, lacrosse, and lots more. Moreover, as you will find on some sports betting brands, this Bwin sportsbook Ontario app also has different bet types such as parlays, money lines, spread betting, and lots more.
Ontario Online Gambling Laws: Is Online Sports Betting Legal in Ontario?
Just like other sports betting countries, Canada has its own gambling laws in its criminal code. The move to legalize single-game sports betting across Canada is attributed to the Approval of the Safe and Regulated Sports Betting Act by the Canadian Parliament and Senate. In June 2021, approval was welcomed. Last year, the Governor-General granted the Royal Assent. After a month, the Single-Game betting launch was approved l under the ruling Liberal government. Players who are 19 and above are now allowed to gamble in Ontario.
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario is responsible for licensing online sports betting sites in Ontario. Below is the time frame for the introduction of the Ontario laws and regulations for the Canadian betting market:
- February 2021: An announcement came from the Ontario Government, legalising private online sportsbook businesses to operate openly.
- April 4, 2002: Ontario launched its sports betting market for private companies.
- June 2021: The government passed Bill C-218 into law, making Single-Sports events legal for the first time in Canada
- August 2021: The Canadian government approved Single-Sports betting.
Bwin Sportsbook Ontario App: Is it Licensed to Operate in Ontario?
Whether or not betting sports is now legal remains one of the most asked questions by bettors. In the case of this Bwin in Ontario, the answer is Yes. Since the approval of Single-Sports betting rule in August 2021, Bwin sportsbook as a commercial betting site became legal. Thanks to its licence by AGCO, it is legal and safe for players to use. Ontario is the first province to approve the operation of commercial sportsbooks online within its borders. So as an Ontarian, you no longer have to ask yourself: is betting on sports illegal?
Other Great Online Sportsbooks That Are Licensed to Operate in Ontario
Ontario is home to a wide range of licensed casinos that ensure players can play with peace of mind. As such, more than 40 licensed casinos operate legally in Ontario. They are all licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO), so gamblers need not panic when it comes to safety, as they can now bet on sports online legally. Here are some of the best sportsbooks in the area:
- Unibet: For sports bettors in Ontario who want to watch live games and events, Unibet Sportsbook is an excellent choice. They offer live streaming through their mobile apps, so you can watch games in real-time and make informed bets. In addition, Unibet has live betting, which means you can place bets on events as they happen, taking advantage of in-play betting opportunities.
- Rivalry: Rivalry is a top-rated sportsbook known for its exceptional eSports betting options. In Rivalry Ontario Sportsbook players can enjoy popular video games such as FIFA, Rocket League, Valorant, and CS:GO. They also offer top sports leagues like the NFL and Champions League. Rivalry is the best sportsbook for eSports betting enthusiasts in Ontario.
- LeoVegas: LeoVegas is a premium sportsbook best for those who prioritize mobile betting. Their mobile app is seamless, intuitive, and offers the same betting features as the desktop site. This means that Ontario players can place bets and enjoy their favorite games anywhere, anytime. LeoVegas Sportsbook is an official partner of Manchester City FC, a testament to its commitment to sports betting excellence.
- Fanduel: FanDuel Sportsbook is a highly popular and top-tier gambling platform across the country. It provides users with the opportunity to bet on their preferred sporting events with excellent odds. Moreover, players can access a broad range of casino games, participate in Daily Fantasy Contests, and stream live sports on the FanDuel TV platform, all through a single account that is easy to use.
- 888 Sports: The sportsbook offered by 888 is a popular feature among its vast user base, which spans across the globe. With over 30 different sports to choose from and thousands of betting markets, gamblers can place their bets on a wide range of options. The odds provided by 888 Sports in Ontario are competitive, and the operator frequently rewards its customers with free bets in the form of bonuses.
Bwin Sportsbook in Ontario Sports Coverage
Bwin Ontario sportsbook has all you need when it comes to betting on top sports from across the world, regardless of the sports niche or events. Here are some of the best sports in the Bwin sportsbook. Regardless of your choice of sports, you can easily find it in the sportsbook. Here are some of the best and most popular sports on the Bwin sportsbook: NFL, MLB, NHL, PGA, NBA, Hockey, Tennis, Baseball, Curling, Golf, Rugby, Boxing, Summer Olympics, FloorBall, Winter Sports, MotorSports, and more. So, you don't have to visit other esports betting websites to access these sports. The site also supports live betting games. So, you don't have to worry about where to bet on sports online.
Just as you will find on most live betting sportsbooks, Bwin sportsbook provides players with soccer betting options. It covers a wide range of leagues, including online esports betting from different parts of the world, including the top five leagues across Europe such as the French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, German Bundesliga, English Premier League, and Italian Serie A. Others include the Canadian Football League League and other leagues across the world.
You won't want to miss out on the wide range of tournaments available with competitive odds at this Bwin sportsbook. It covers most of your favourite basketball tournaments. Some of these are the FIBA Basketball World Cup, Team Tantum Spring Classic, FIBA Asia Cup, Tournament Of Champions, and lots more.
For those who love to put their money on tennis, you have a variety of options to choose from when it comes to choosing different tennis tournaments at the Bwin sportsbook. One of the most popular tournaments on this Bwin sportsbook is the Canada Masters, also known as National Bank Open. Other international tournaments on the Bwin sportsbook include The Davis Cup, Canadian Open, U.S. Open, Wimbledon, Australian Open, French Open, Madrid Open, Monte-Carlo Masters, and lots more.
Betting Options and Odds
Betting options provide players with the opportunity to bet on different outcomes in an event. Bwin in Ontario offers different betting options to players. Some of these market options include:
- Spread Bets - This betting option works by assigning a favourite to a negative number while assigning the positive number to the underdog.
- Parlays - This market option is a medium to have a large return even on a smaller investment. You can package several plays into a single wager. So when you are using this option, it means you are betting on different outcomes that must all win to have a successful wager.
- Future Bets - Can Manchester United finish as the EPL champions? Will the Raptors cling to the NBA title this time around? Do you think Mathews will land the Hart Trophy? This is what the future betting options mean- feasible outcomes of events. Players can wager on them via future bets. It provides players with better chances of winning, and at the same time, patience is the key since you cannot access the outcome until the season ends.
- Moneyline - How to win money betting on sports is one of the most asked questions about betting. The Moneyline is a market option you can bet on. Betting on this option means you are choosing a favourite you expect to win at the end of the event. Just like the spread bets, the Bwin Ontario sportsbook app assigns negative numbers to the favourites, while the underdog gets positive numbers.
- Live betting - This is a very common betting option on almost all live betting apps and sportsbooks. You can read about it from many Ontario betting app reviews. It is an in-play betting with new wagers or odds that are subject to change as events are happening. Players can study the games and even make stakes while events are on with real money.
- Total Over/Under - All events have a total assigned to them - a forecast on the collective points the participant or teams can score. It remains the second most popular way to bet on events.
Do they Offer Live Betting?
Yes. This sports betting Ontario app offers live betting to players, whether on a live betting app or on the web. This is possible by playing games with a live dealer, using a live betting strategy. Live betting is attributed to two of the leading software providers in the industry, Playtech and Evolution Gaming. Regardless of the choice of games you are playing, you have a wide range of options to choose from with the live betting features. As events unfold, Bwin adjusts its odds to fit the time.
How Do You Use Betting Odds Calculators?
Using a betting calculator isn't something difficult. However, you need to familiarise yourself with some basic terms,and functions before using it. The software helps to figure out how much you can potentially win from event/s. First, is the bet type - where you pick a straight winner of an event. Secondly, multiple bets where you have more than one event. Accumulator, also known as Accy, means having more than four events. Some of the best betting odds calculators out there, include Odds Shark, Timeform, and Picks.
Bwin Sportsbook Rating: 4.4
A 4.4 rating makes Bwin worth checking out among other sportsbooks.
Bwin Sports App: Mobile Compatibility
Bwin in Ontario allows players to install its app on both Android and iOS devices for a sleek betting experience, making it one of the best betting apps in Ontario. Whether you are an iOS or Android user, you are just a few clicks away from installing the Bwin in Ontario app on your mobile. However, the procedure to download is the same for both iOS and Android users. Once the Bwin in Ontario app is installed on your device, you can play on the go by betting on your favourite market. Here is how to download the sports betting app in Ontario.
To start with, visit Bwin's site on your mobile using a local browser.
- Click on the A-Z menu button as shown on your screen
- Navigate to the "download our app" section where you will be directed to the right page.
- For iOS users, you will be taken to the AppStore download page while Android users are directed to the Google PlayStore
You are not also left out if you aren't using any of the above devices. This best Ontario betting app offers a better betting experience when you use your mobile browser, and the Bwin Ontario site has the same features on both a browser and the app.
Top-Ranked Mobile Sports Betting Sites in Ontario
- Royal Panda
- 888 Sport
- FanDuel Ontario
- BetRivers Ontario
Usability & Compatibility Rating: 4.0
The usability of the sportsbook has a 4.0 rating. Thanks to its ability to load fast, mobile apps, variety of language support, and more.
Ontario bets players have a wide range of banking options, including traditional and international, and Bwin in Ontario supports the Canadian dollar. These payment methods include Bank transfer, Visa, Mastercard, InstaDebit, Paysafecard, ecoPayz, Interac, MuchBetter, and Skrill.
Deposit Options on Bwin Sports App
Interac is the most popular deposit method for Canadian players with a minimum deposit of $10. However, players can also deposit through a wide range of other means, including MasterCard, PayPal, Online Banking, and PayNearMe. All deposit methods have a $10 minimum deposit requirement.
Withdrawal Options on Bwin Sports App
The most popular withdrawal option on Bwin in Ontario is Interac. It is a popular option among Canadian players both for deposits and withdrawals. Other withdrawal methods on the site include MasterCard, PayPal, Online Banking, and PayNearMe.Others include bank transfers, Neteller, and Skrill. Other sports betting sites that offer a better selection of deposits and withdrawals include Bet365, BetWay, and PointsBet.
What is the Best Payment Option to Use?
While there is a wide range of payment methods available to Canadian players, the best payment option is Interac. Both deposits and withdrawals made using this option are free of charge.
Banking Rating of Bwin Sports App: 2.0
This option is rated 2.0 as it only supports a few banking options and does not include cryptocurrencies.
Is Bwin Sportsbook in Ontario a Fair and Safe Option?
The Bwin in Ontario site puts every necessary measure in place to ensure players' information is safe. Bwin offers transparent, fair, and reliable security with its SSL encryption software. An 'HTTPS' in front of the URL, rather than 'HTTP', implies that users on the Bwin in Ontario site are secure.
Fair Play and Safety Rating: 5
With a perfect rating, Bwin in Ontario has a regulated licence, KYC process, and clear T&Cs.
Responsible Gambling at Bwin Sportsbook in Ontario
Bwin in Ontario provides players with responsible gambling tools to promote a responsible gambling code of conduct. These include:
- Deposit limits - Set a daily, weekly, or monthly deposit limit.
- Cool-off period - Partially refrain from betting
- Self-exclusion - Ignore betting anywhere from a year to a lifetime.
Responsibility Rating: 3.0
Bwin has got a 3.0 rating. Thanks to its deposit limits, cool-off-period, and self-exclusion.
Customer Support: Available Contact Options
Bwin in Ontario takes every necessary action to ensure players do not encounter any difficulty using their site. As such, players can reach out to its customer support via live chat, email, and phone number
Customer Support Rating: 5.0
The live chat, email, and 24/7 availability bring a 5.0 rating for Bwin in Ontario.
Does Bwin Sports App Cater to Ontario Casino Players?
Yes. If you crave different casino games, the Bwin site provides you with hundreds of quality titles with fantastic payouts. Some of these popular games include Blood Suckers, Immortal Romance, Book Of Dead Mega Rise, and Age Of The Gods
- Is the sportsbook licensed to operate in Ontario? Yes. Bwin is licensed to operate in Ontario. It is the first commercial sportsbook licensed to operate in Ontario.
- Does Bwin offer live betting options? Yes. There is a live bet option on the site. Odds are adjusted as the event proceeds.
- Can I make deposits and withdrawals in the Canadian dollar? Yes. Bwin supports the Canadian dollar.
- Is Bwin sportsbook safe? Bwin makes use of SSL encryption that ensures all players' information is safe on the site, restricting third-party access.
- What makes the sportsbook worth checking out? Thanks to different features such as using a wide range of betting markets and options, licence, competitive odds, live streaming, user-friendly app, and lots more.
Is Bwin Sportsbook in Ontario Worth Checking Out?
The features on this set will attract anyone who craves the best betting experience. Thanks to different features such as using a wide range of betting markets and options, licence, competitive odds, live streaming, user-friendly app, and lots more. This is why it remains one of the best sportsbooks in Ontario.
Overall Rating of Bwin Sportsbook in Ontario: 3.9
Live streaming, a user-friendly app, and other great features all contribute to Bwin in Ontario 3.9 ratings.