We could go on and on about Unibet, but the review below covers everything you need to know about the bookmaker in detail, so read on.
Unibet Sportsbook Ontario: Why Pick this Bookie?
Unibet is one of the most well-known sports betting brands globally and scores well in all areas. However, every sportsbook has unique features despite providing sports fans with a blissful experience. Besides the wide variety of betting markets available, Unibet has a great sports betting app and goes the extra mile to promote responsible gambling at their site at all times. Check out what makes Unibet stands out:
The Unibet Sports App
The Unibet Sportsbook Ontario app, one of the site's crowning features, allows its users to access the sportsbook's features easier than from the site. The Unibet app is available for iOS and Android mobile phone users and can be downloaded from the iOS App Store and Android Play Store, respectively.
The app is very intuitive and easy to use, and mirrors all the features that are available on the desktop site. Players can register, make a deposit, claim bonuses, place bets, and request withdrawals through the app. All of these give you an excellent on-the-go betting experience.
Extensive Responsible Gambling
Worried you'll spend too much? The bookmaker ensures players don't overspend and play responsibly courtesy of its in-depth measures, including bet limits, time limits, and self-exclusion.
Being licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission Ontario, Unibet makes use of the great GameSense platform as well. Users can log in to their GameSense and track their spending there. If they feel like things are getting out of hand, they can get in touch with a GameSense agent and request help 24/7.
Diverse Betting Types
With many betting options, this sportsbook stamps its authority as a bettor's heaven. It has gone to great lengths to provide sports fans with the money line, straight, parlay, teaser, spread, and prop bets.
The sheer variety of betting markets available further improves the betting experience, and Unibet often releases boosted odds for certain betting lines that are popular with Canadians. For example, Ontario users can place a futures bet on the Stanley Cup winner with boosted odds, which further proves that the operator knows its customers well.
Ontario Online Gambling Laws: Is Online Sports Betting Legal?
You may be wondering, is betting on sports legal in Ontario? In Canada, gambling is deemed illegal by the country's criminal code, with the particular case of provincial governments tasked with managing gaming within their territories. The criminal code wasn’t as accommodating as today, because back in the 19th century, all forms of gambling were declared illegal.
The provincial government encouraged sportsmanship in a show of regulation emulated by many regions. Nowadays, Ontario gambling sites are regulated by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) in conjunction with the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation and iGaming Ontario (iGO). One may think these bodies have impeded gaming in the region, but on the contrary, many operators have flocked to Ontario to launch their betting sites on a legal framework.
In 2020, Ontario set up even more legislation to bring up a licensing regime, with the province's final standards for online betting being published in 2021. Therefore, if you're a sports betting fan in Canada, you should practice responsible gaming in Ontario. Observe the region's gaming regulations and only play if you’ve attained the legal Ontario gambling age of 19 to avoid violating the country’s criminal code.
Is Unibet Sportsbook Licensed in Ontario?
This spoertsbook already has the green light to operate in Ontario. The site is registered under Unibet ON Inc. and regulated by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, attesting that it has observed the necessary Ontario iGaming yardstick.
Other Great Sportsbooks That are Licensed to Operate in Ontario.
Ontario's betting market is tough to enter, but that hasn't stopped operators from making their way there. Only the best Ontario sports betting sites are licensed here and end up thriving. Here are some of the top-tier operators that have been certified to meet the AGCO threshold:
- Fanduel Sportsbook: FanDuel Ontario Sportsbook is among the most popular gambling platforms in the country and it provides its users with the opportunity to place bets on their preferred sporting events with competitive odds. They can also play casino games, engage in Daily Fantasy Contests, and stream live sports through the FanDuel TV platform while using a single account.
- Coolbet Sportsbook: A reputable Swedish brand, Coolbet sportsbook features a sleek and modern design and makes it extremely easy to register, claim a bonus, and place a bet - regardless of the device in use. The Coolbet sportsbook app is available on Android and iOS and is one of the best sportsbook apps on the market.
- 888 Sportsbook: 888 Sportsbook takes great care of its customers - which is one of the reasons it has maintained its place as one of the leaders in the market for decades. The customer support service at 888 Ontario Sportsbook is top notch, and users can reach a customer support agent through live chat, telephone, or email at any time of the day - any day of the week.
- Bwin Sportsbook: Bwin is one of the largest sportsbook brands in the world, operating in dozens of countries around the world. Bwin Sportsbook offers user-tailored promotions and bonuses for different geographical regions, so you can make sure that you're getting competitive and generous offers wherever you are.
- Bet MGM Sportsbook: BetMGM Sportsbook has competitive odds for more than 30 sports and offers a wide range of casino games from top-notch software providers. They're implemented in a highly functional online platform that's available on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Bet Rivers Sportsbook: BetRivers is an all-around platform that offers a complete sportsbook with thousands of betting markets available daily. Bettors can utilize the unique Flexible Betslip feature which allows them to set the amount they want to win and it will calculate the odds and bet value for them.
- DraftKings Sportsbook: DraftKings is head and shoulders above its competition when it comes to design and user interface, but what makes this platform unique is its simplicity. Moreover, users can place bets on the go via the excellent mobile app.
- Royal Panda Sportsbook: Royal Panda has made a name for itself with its top-notch online casino, so it's no surprise that the dedication and user-first approach translates to the sportsbook as well. It offers more than 140 sports to bet on from various competitions around the world.
- Caesars Sportsbook: Caesars is among the most famous sports betting and casino gaming brands in the country, and it nailed the brief with its online platform. Among the many features that are available at the site, players can also make deposits and withdrawals with cash at one of Caesars' venues.
Unibet Sports Coverage
The site covers a massive selection of games from different leagues all around the globe. Canadian sports fans can now rejoice as they can catch the latest games, including baseball, basketball, cricket, boxing, cycling, darts, esports, football, formula 1, handball, lacrosse, and golf, under one roof. If you're a hot-blooded Canadian sports fan in Ontario, you can follow up on your favorite Canadian leagues, such as the all-time favorite NHL hockey league and the ATP Montreal Tennis League. Some of the more notable selections the site offers are:
As perhaps the most featured sport on the site, you can follow up on various baseball leagues, including the MLB, Japanese and Taiwanese leagues. Unibet covers all the major baseball leagues and competitions around the world, but, understandably, most of the baseball betting markets focus on the MLB. The baseball section comes with live bet odds to ensure you place bets in real-time.
Catch big-time football leagues like the NFL, CFL, and NCAAF and place bets on matches as they happen in real-time. Now, you can place a wager on your favorite teams on the Unibet application, which happens to be one of the best apps for football betting. Unibet has some of the best football betting tips to prevent your bet from going to waste.
Soccer is by far the most popular sport on Unibet, and the site features more than 50 international leagues, including the Champions League, Premier League, La Liga, and English Premier League. This feat alone makes this platform one of the best soccer betting sites.
Betting Options and Odds on Unibet Sports App
Unibet Ontario is one of the most comprehensive when it comes to betting types. Here, Canadian sports bettors can partake in money line, straight, parlay, teaser, spread, over/under, live betting, cash outs, future bets, and prop bets. Although the betting selection is excellent, it is far from impeccable as it lacks reverse bets and permutation bets that some renowned Canadian sportsbooks offer their customers. Competitive odds provided by the site are remarkable since you wouldn't want to underestimate the competition too much and lose a lot of cash. However, the odds pricing for lesser known sports pales compared to the more popular ones, a gray area for the sportsbook. You can adjust the odd formats to your liking, depending on whether you prefer American, decimal, or fractional odds.
Does the Betting Site Offer Live Betting?
Unibet is easily one of the best live betting sites out there. The site has a "Live" option where you can crank up your betting experience by tuning in to some of your favorite teams clashing in real-time. Its live betting sports section is highlighted with notable leagues covering sports such as baseball, soccer, tennis, table tennis, Australian rules, cricket, and golf. If you’re a newbie to esports betting online, then you’re in luck as the sportsbook features odds from the latest esports leagues. Come on and try out some of the sportsbook's CS:GO live betting; you’ll have a blast!
How Do You Use Betting Odds Calculators?
Sports bets are allocated odds, which depend on the probability of something happening or not happening; this can be a team winning a match or a whole bunch of other types of bet. These odds are multiplied by the bettor's stake to calculate their total payout, and the profit gained from the bet by subtracting the total stake from the payout. Some of the well-renowned betting odds calculators in the market are Odds Shark, Pickwise, and Timeform.
Sportsbook Rating: 2.5
Unibet Ontario scores half of the total points in this section. The site has a massive selection of betting options along with many featured sports. However, the platform fails to integrate live streaming for Ontario users. The site also fails to recognize virtual sports, horse racing, and fantasy sports.
Unibet Sportsbook Ontario Mobile Compatibility
You can access all the sportsbook's features using your mobile phone, including betting options and sports. Just ensure you have a stable connection, and you can enjoy everything the site has to offer. The site is easy to access via mobile and loads with zero delays. Unibet's selection of bright colors is exceptionally convenient as you can navigate the site relatively quickly. The sign-up process is easy to complete.
There’s reason to celebrate as the site comes fully loaded with one of Ontario's best sports betting apps. The exclusive Android and iOS apps can be downloaded by tapping on the site's links. On clicking the link, Unibet will direct you to either the Play Store or App store, where you can proceed with the smooth installation procedure.
Top-ranked Mobile Betting Sites in Ontario
If you feel that Unibet doesn’t suffice your betting experience, don’t fret. You can check out some of these Canadian online sportsbooks, which have been neck to neck with Unibet in the Ontario sportsbook market:
- 888 Sportsbook: This award-winning sportsbook has many online betting site reviews due to its trusted brand that has been operating since 1997. It has stood out for years in Ontario thanks to its seamless live streaming, unique bet builder, and multiple betting options. Check out our 888 Sportsbook review to find out more.
- Bwin Sportsbook: Bwin has been dominating the sports market for over 20 years, and with good reason. Its first-rate odds and many sports markets put it leagues above other bookmakers.
- Bet MGM Sports: BetMGM has been setting high standards with its unrivaled NHL live streaming and unrivaled in-play betting. The site is accessible to all players in the province.
Usability & Compatibility Rating: 4
Unibet surpasses many betting sites in this section due to its application of various odd formats, user-friendly layout, easy-loading site, and standard mobile app. However, the site would have racked up total points if it came with a language switching toggle.
Unibet Sportsbook Ontario Banking Methods
The sportsbook supports a variety of Canadian payment methods that you can use to deposit and withdraw cash from the sportsbook from Ontario. Some of the means you can use are Instadebit, Visa, Mastercard, and Interac.
Making a deposit at Unibet is an effortless procedure, and users can deposit cash on Unibet immediately after registering. When it comes to the payment methods available, the list includes Interac, InstaDebit, Visa, and Mastercard, as well as the popular e-wallets Skrill, Neteller, and PayPal.
All deposits made at Unibet are instant, and the operator doesn't charge any fees for deposits. The minimum deposit is $10, which is also the qualifying deposit amount to claim the welcome bonus.
You can make withdrawals through Visa, Mastercard, Interac, and Instadebit. Withdrawal requests and your gaming activity and account are reviewed within 72 hours. The minimum withdrawal you can make at a time is C$10. The site charges nil fees; however, judging from your bank, card, or payment solution provider, a transaction fee may come in order.
What is the Best Payment Option to Use
Our expert team at OntarioGambling.ca recommend using Interac for players from Ontario, since it's supported by every Canadian bank. It is one of the available payment methods at Unibet.
All deposits made using Interac are instant, and the operator doesn't charge any fees for Interac transactions. The minimum deposit amount that you can make is $10, while the minimum withdrawal amount is also $10. While there are no fees for Interac withdrawals imposed by the operator, the withdrawal times can take anywhere from 24 hours to 5 days.
A secondary choice would be Visa and Mastercard as they're convenient and accessible methods.
Banking Rating: 3
Unibet does all it can to provide multiple convenient Canadian payment methods. Like many modern sportsbooks, the site could have done better if it accepted crypto payment, and it would have been less inconvenient had the site shortened the withdrawal period.
Is the Unibet Sportsbook Ontario a Fair and Safe Option?
Rest assured, you're in the Unibet security team's safe hands. Your personal information is collected via the KYC process and only disclosed to essential third parties with absolute discretion. The sportsbook utilizes industrial standard SSL encryption to ensure that your data doesn't fall into the hands of unscrupulous third-party sites. From time to time, Unibet may collect login information such as IP address and domain server to enhance your experience.
Fair Play and Safety Rating: 3.75
We commend Unibet for its extensive security measures like the KYC process and security encryption. However, it's a bit downer that the sportsbook lacks notable seals and awards to prove its worth.
Responsible Gambling on Unibet Sports App
Unibet Sportsbook in Ontario has laid down several measures following the AGCO to aid players who'd like to halt the brakes on their betting voyage. If you feel that you or a close friend or relative needs a breather from betting either due to financial issues or misplaced priorities, you can manage your account by employing:
- Deposit limit
- Spend limit
- Loss limit
- Session time limit
- Single bet limit
- Reality check
If you're in denial, try out the site's outlined questions that'll help you decide if you have a gambling problem or not. If you need help, contact the betting site's professional help affiliates. The operator works closely with the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Responsible Gambling Council, Gamblers Anonymous, Gam-Anon, Gamtalk, and Connex Ontario, all sites with a decent reputation for rescuing bettors from the excessive gambling abyss.
Responsibility Rating: 5
Unibet attains a perfect score in this section due to its dedication to aiding users who've enjoyed their fair share of betting and would like to take a short break. It is also commendable that the site engages noteworthy professional agencies for help.
Customer Support at Unibet Sportsbook Ontario
The site is tailored to aid Canadian players in reaching out whenever they'd like something clarified. First, start by checking out the FAQ section, and if that doesn't help, make contact through telephone, email, or live chat. Although the platform doesn't offer 24/7 assistance, you can still talk to them from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm any day of the week. It's also convenient that the site has its Canadian hotline to cater to Ontario Players.
Customer Support Rating: 4
Unibet ensures you can always reach out for professional aid through their various contact channels. However, the rating would have reached the roof if Unibet Sportsbook, for Ontario players, had implemented a steady 24/7 support system.
Does the iGaming Site Cater to Ontario Casino Players?
The betting site comes with a great Casino experience for Ontario gaming enthusiasts. This casino masterpiece is stacked with more than 1000 games featuring slots, jackpot, blackjack, and table games.
You can give the demo play a quick try without risking some actual cash. There's also a realistic live dealer section where you can play fast-paced live casino games with excellent graphics. Unibet's casino games are accessible via mobile phone, iPad, desktop computer, or laptop.
- Is Unibet Sportsbook Ontario licensed to operate in Ontario? Unibet Sportsbook in Ontario is legal, and to prove this, it has a license under Unibet ON Inc., which is regulated by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
- Is Unibet Sportsbook Ontario compatible with mobile devices? The site is mobile-friendly and has an application exclusive to Android and iOS mobile users.
- Can I make deposits and withdrawals in Canadian dollars? Of course. In a bid to accommodate users from Ontario, the sportsbook accepts Canadian dollars. You can deposit and withdraw through Instadebit, Interac, Visa, and Mastercard.
- Does Unibet Sportsbook Ontario have a loyalty program?Is the sportsbook safe? It doesn't. Unfortunately, the site lacks a well-established VIP program.
- What makes Unibet Sportsbook Ontario worth checking out? Unibet is worth checking out due to its wide sports selection and high-quality odds.
Is Unibet Sportsbook Ontario Worth Checking Out?
There's a reason why you should take some time to check out Unibet Sportsbook for Ontario gamblers. You'll like the site's sampling of only the best sports, top-quality odds, and various odd formats. However, it's disappointing that the platform lacks 24/7 support and a loyalty program for regulars.
Overall Rating: 3.6
The site has a decent overall score, mainly attributed to its comprehensive security measures, rich game selection, responsible gaming, and rich sports selection. Although Unibet Sportsbook in Ontario may have outdone itself in these departments, it's still lacking in various vital areas. For starters, the sportsbook's 72-hour withdrawal policy is inconvenient for players. Second, the site could have offered 24/7 service for players in Ontario and a live streaming option, as most sites do.